If you are a resident of Montana and have passion to work among the patients but not by offering direct nursing cares, what course of action assist you to meet your medical field career goal? If you want to work among the patients without performing nursing caress, such as personal health care or basic nursing care procedures, you can easily enroll in X ray Technician Schools in Montana and meet your goal.
X ray Technician Information
X Ray technicians are these medical professionals, who are trained in capturing images of different internal body parts of the patient for examination. On the basis of their exposed image, the doctors analyze and uncover the diseases and injuries suffered by the patient. The outcome of such diagnosis assist doctors offer treatments and cares to patients.
In the state of Montana, there are few X ray Technician Schools in Montana that can train you in the radiology imaging field. The knowledge, and skills thus gained make you eligible to sit for the certification exam and working in a varied medical facilities as a radiology technician.
X ray Technician Schools in Montana
In the state of Montana, there are around 4 x ray technician schools that train you in general and digital image capturing techniques, ways to implement preventive measures that can protect patient and your own self from radiations emitting out of the x ray machines while exposing the x rays and operation of x ray equipments.
Most of the program affiliated to X ray Technician Schools in Montana lasts from 1 year to 4 years including certificate program, associate degree program, bachelor’s degree program and PhD. You will have to complete both didactic coursework and clinical hands-on experience.
The classroom education offers knowledge on various imaging techniques, preventive measures communication, science, pharmacology, pathology, body structure and anatomy, medical terminology and biology subjects.
The clinical part of the training can be completed in a supervised environment in different health care facilities approved by the state and contracted by your school for your practical practicum. In the clinical rotation you will get a chance to experience your classroom instruction in practical form and also gain experience of operating x ray equipments and digital imaging techniques.
Accreditation, Approval, Certification and Licensing
- The MT x ray technician programs are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology (JRCERT).
- The Certification in x ray technician program can be earned by passing the certification exam designed and developed by the American Registration of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- The certification and registration with AART also paves the way for working permission and x ray technician licensure.
Important X ray Technician Schools in Montana
- Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology, Great Falls, Montana
- Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology, Billings, Montana
- Montana Tech-College of Technology, Butte, Montana
- University of Montana, Missoula, Montana