X-ray technicians are known as the technical health care professionals because their main job duty is to form x-ray, MRI or other sorts of reports with the help of medical equipments. It is also a fact that only few people choose radiology as their career field because it is a bit difficult to become radiology technician and to handle their tough job responsibilities. The applicants wishing to become a RT should move to North Carolina because there are 19 accredited X-ray technician schools in North Carolina, which are known for providing excellent training to the aspirants of radiology technician. Some of the known colleges are as follows:
- Fayetteville Community Technical College
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
- Wake Technical Community College
- Southwestern Community College
- Stanly Community College
- Carolina College of health Sciences
In order to get enrolled with any of these institutes, applicants are required to match up with the following eligibility criteria:
- Age of the applicant must not be below 18 years
- Should be free from drug addiction and criminal activities
- Aspirants need to clear the entrance examination offered by the community college
- And number of other standards as desired by the schools
Curriculum of the Radiology Technician Program
X-ray technician schools in North Carolina offer following programs:
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiography
- Radiation Oncology Residency
- Post Baccalaureate Radiologist Assistant Certificate
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging
- Certificate in Radiography
- Certificate in Radiation Therapy
The tenure of the above mentioned programs is between 1 and 4 months and is for distinct area of specializations. Applicants can choose a program of its interest and can start their training. In the training classes, students are offered education on distinct radiology concepts and principles. However, the course content of each of the program is different but few theories are common.
After the completion of their respective X-ray technician program, aspirants can take the certification test offered by the American Registry of Radiology Technician.
The contenders who successfully clear the exam are entitled to get the license to work as radiology technician in distinct health care settings of NC. In North Carolina, radiology technician are paid handsome salary with several additional benefits. Also the demand of the RTs is very high in the state and eligible candidate can easily find the job in the health care facilities of NC.