If you are aiming to build your career in the health care sector and want to get in touch with all types of clients without offering them medical cure, then you should go for X-ray technician as your career option because RTs are not involved in the treatment process of the patients, but are responsible for capturing and developing pictures of their inner body parts for the analysis purpose.
The applicants need to know that the demand of the x-ray technician is raising high in OH because the number of radiology technician is very low in the state, whereas they are required in abundance. Therefore, eligible and well skilled contenders can easily get the job of x-ray technician in the health care settings of Ohio.
List of RT Colleges in OH
There are several X-ray technician schools in Ohio that offer radiology technician training program. Some of the known radiology institutions are:
- Lorain County Community College
- Kent State University at Salem
- Eastern Gateway Community College
- University of Cincinnati-Raymond Walters College
- Mercy College of Northwest Ohio
- University of Akron Main Campus
The aspirants must know that they will be only allowed to seek admission in any of the accredited X-ray technician schools in Ohio, if they successfully clear the background check and meet with other requisites.
Curriculum of Radiology Technician Program
The applicant can choose one program from the below mentioned list to start their radiologic training:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program– The tenure of this program is of 4 years. The program trains students in specific advance body imaging field.
- Certification Program– requires 1-2 years to complete. It is helpful for the RNs or LPNs that want to change their job profile
- Associate degree program– It is the most popular degree program because most of the students wishing to make their career in the field of radiology and earn better salary prefer this program.
- Master’s Degree Program– It is a 2 year duration program, but the applicants can only opt for this program, if they complete the bachelor’s degree first.
The applicants can sit in the certification examination of radiology technician after completing the x-ray technician program. The exam held under the direct supervision of AART.
Aspirants who clear the exam get registered with AARTand are liable to seek employment as a RT in the health care facilities of the state.