In Oklahoma, you have few options to select the program of your choice. If you want employment in short period of time or if you are already working in nursing care services as a RN, LPN or other medical profession, you can attend one year Certificate program in X ray technology.
But, it is a known fact that students mostly opt for the 2 years Associate program in X ray technology because the knowledge and skills gained through this program can get you easy jobs with attractive salary.
The students also have the option to attend 4 years Bachelor’s Degree program in x ray technology. The 4 year baccalaureate degree is most ideal for these students who have a wish to work in higher job positions. The degree program offers them a chance to work in the capacity of a supervisor, administrator or educator.
In addition, with advance level training, you can also gain proficiency in specific advance imaging technology where you can perform densitometry, sonography, MRI, mammography and computed tomography.
But, there are certain additional points you must remember about the X ray technician programs including:
- The program curriculum requires completing both classroom education and extensive clinical rotations.
- The schools, colleges and universities require completing prerequisites for eligibility to enroll in the program.
- The program time period varies depending upon the specific program.
- Students can also attend accredited online programs that offer flexible class attending times.
- The campus based and online x-ray technician programs are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology (JRCERT).
- The completion of the program permits appearing in the American Registration of Radiologic Technologists certification exam (ARRT).
- The accreditation to the x-ray technology program in OK is offered by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology (JRCERT).
- The passing of the AART Certification exam award you certification and registration with AART that provide you the credential of a “Registered X ray technician”. The registration also makes you eligible for a Licensure that offers permit for working in varied medical units.
Finally, it must be noted that students aiming to appear in AART certification exam by January, 2015 must at least possess Associate Degree in X ray Technology and the program must meet the standard as required by AART.
But, remember whichever program you may have completed, you must bear compassionate nature and must have patience attending the patients because you will have to serve all age group patients with their variable behaviors due to injuries and ailments.