Texas is considered as the best place for the students who are planning for the higher studies because there are a number of world known colleges and institutes. It is also a fact that Texas is considered as the first choice of the candidates that want to move outside for the higher education purpose. The applicants that are planning to become X-ray technician will be surprised to know that TX stands first in the number of graduate students with radiology credentials and the state also has highest number of colleges that offer radiology technician program in the United States.
List of RT Colleges in TX
There are around 37 accredited X-ray technician schools in Texas. Some of the main radiology technician institutes in the state are:
- Midwestern State University
- The University of Texas at Brownsville
- North Central Texas College
- Baptist Health System school of Health Professions
- The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- The Academy of Health Care Professions
The applicant should know that Midwestern State University is considered as the top most college of the Texas because 15% of the total graduates with radiology diploma are from the same college.
The contenders must meet with the following requisites in order to get admission in any of the approved radiology school of Texas:
- Contenders are required to possess either GED or any other equivalent degree.
- Aspirants must clear the interview with the selecting committee
- Applicants should get through the background test as well as drug check
- And are required to fulfill other prerequisites as desired by the schools
Features of the Radiology Technician Program
The applicants can choose one from the distinct X-ray technician programs offered by the radiology schools. The time period of all such program is from 1-4 years and the contenders need to pay around $2200 per year as tuition amount.
Each of the X-ray technician programs consists of classroom instructions and lab practical section.
The applicants are taught course content of their relative programs in the theoretical portion of the classes, whereas the aspirants are made to practice several X-ray skills in the clinical experiment session of the training program.
It is noticeable thing for the aspirants of radiology sector that there are ample job opportunities for the X-ray technician in the health care facilities of Texas because the demand of RTs is very high in the state and it will continue to increase in coming years also.