X-ray technicians are known for their technical duties that they perform in the radiation room of the health care centers. Though the responsibilities of the radiology technician are limited, but are very critical to perform because it needs expert hand and stable mind to accomplish. So, the contenders that are interested in doing technical work should choose radiology as their career field. The aspirants that want to become RT should move to VA because there are a number of best X-ray technician schools in Virginia that offer quality training and excellent guidance to the students.
List of RT Institutes in VA
The applicants will find around 15 accredited X-ray technician schools in VA and some of the main colleges are:
- Riverside School of Health Careers
- Richmond School of Health and Technology
- Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital School of Medical Imaging
- Danville Regional Medical Center School of Health Professions
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Virginia Western Community College
The contenders that are trying to get admission in any of the accredited radiology college must meet with the following eligibility standards:
- Applying candidates must possess High School Diploma and must be from Mathematics and Science background.
- Pregnant contenders are not allowed
- Aspirants are require to clear background check and drug test
- The applicants must deposit the tuition amount
- And other additional requisites as required by the colleges
Features of X-ray Technician Program
The applicants can choose one among the various programs available including- bachelor’s degree program, master’s degree program, associate diploma and certification program.
It is advisable for the fresher to go for associate degree program because it will effectively lead you to the initial level post of radiologist; whereas the aspirants are already associated with the health care industry and have good experience can go for certification program. The contenders that are already an x-ray technician can go for the master’s degree program because it will help them in gaining more knowledge and in raising their salary bar.
The aspirants that accomplish the certification process comprises of AART accredited radiology technician program and the certification test, are eligible to work as an X-ray technician in the distinct health care settings of Virginia including– surgery, pediatrics, hospitals’ radiography, mammography, trauma, clinics, doctors’ offices, CT and imaging centers. In addition, they are also offered fruitful salary with various valuable benefits.